Thursday, September 17, 2015

Consent - and a Cup of Tea

Consent seems to be a hard thing for some people to grasp in sexual matters. I think it's simple. No means no, yes means yes and if someone is incapable of articulating either yes or no that means they can't give consent so there can't be any action. That seems perfectly clear to me but apparently it's not to everyone. That's why when I found a post on Rockstar Dinosaur Pirate Princess' blog a few months back where she uses the analogy of tea to make the point that it is not complicated I was very impressed. It's clear enough that anyone should be able to grasp it. I was even more impressed when I found recently that she had put an animated version of it up on YouTube. You can see it here.

2 comments:

Jo said...

It's not that they don't understand it, it's that they don't want to do so.

Helen V. said...

You may well be right, Jo, sad though it is.