Thursday, May 03, 2012

A Few Shortlists

It seems to be the time of the year for shortlists.
First we have the Norma  J. Hemming Award list here and I'm delighted to see how many Western Australians feature. To start with we have Nightsiders by local Western Australian Sue Isle published by Twelfth Planet Press. I've just got Nightsiders in my hot little hands - thank you for sending it to me, Sue - and I'm really looking forward to reading it.
Equally exciting is to see Yellowcake Springs by Guy Salvidge, one of my mates from the KSP Speculative Fiction group, listed. And one more, Lisa Hannett's story collection, Bluegrass Symphony published by another Western Australian press, Ticonderoga Publications, is there too.

Then we have the Ditmar shortlist here and it's also impressive. Among the bigger publishers are numerous publications by Ticonderoga Press and Twelfth Planet Publications, quite an achievement for two small local presses.

So much good writing and reading. Congratulations to all.

2 comments:

Joanna Fay said...

It's great to see so many familiar names (even faces) on the awards lists.
Also, I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award, Helen. :)

Helen V. said...

Thanks, Jo.