Thursday, November 03, 2011

So It's NaNoWriMo

There may not be much blogging over the next month, only a few figures now and then, because - I have gone over to the Dark Side. Well not really but I have signed up for NaNoWriMo which is something I always swore I wouldn't do.

For those who don't know about it NaNoWriMo is a bout of collective madness that overwhelms parts of the writing world in November every year. NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month because it started in the US but it has since become world wide so the name is not really accurate any more. Who cares. It's a great incentive wherever it's based. The objective is to complete a 50,000 word draft in November. That's a whole big pile of words so there's much need for encouragement and support and the NaNoWriMo organisation provides that. Those who sign up range from complete beginners to professionals and I've been almost looking forward to the experience.

We're now two days in and for various reasons it's been a shaky start but now I've hit my rhythm and things are happening. I'll keep you informed.

Just in case you really don't care about thousands of sweaty writers struggling to get their daily quota down have a look at these treats for Dr Who fans on Tansy Rayner Roberts' blog. She's doing NaNoWriMo as well this year and there are some hints here too.

No comments: