Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Moving house

I have now moved other people's household effects four times in less than a year. I have learned a lot from these experiences. First, we all have far too much "stuff" and second, I am staying where I live now until I drop and they have to carry me out. I think I've done my share of packing and unpacking.

To be fair, every time I've helped pack up someone else's life I have realised the need to cull my own possessions so the amount will not be as great as it would have been. But I take no responsibility for Pisces' conglomeration and I am sorry for whoever has to take on that task.

Or I could order that skip...

3 comments:

Satima Flavell said...

The answer to over-accumulation is - yes, you've guessed it! - to move regularly. I move house every 2-3 years on average and I always have to due a vast amount of culling, yet I still have enough "stuff" to fill a two bedroomed apartment, when, let's face it, a single person should be able to live in a bedsit.

Helen V. said...

I admit to being a hoarder - mostly because I abhor waste and so discarding something with a potential use is a challenge. I am making some head way with cutting back my own possessions but how to convince the others in my life this is a good thing is not so easy.

Satima Flavell said...

Yes, if you live in a household of hoarders it can be very hard to pack up for a move. Of course, you could just pack your own things and make the others pack their own. That'd larn 'em!