Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Barak Obama, President of the United States of America.

Or he will be around 1.00 Perth time tomorrow morning. For the first time in a long while I have a degree of hope for the voice of sanity in world politics. That said I also fear that the Bush legacy may be too much for anyone, however intelligent and willing, to change easily - at least in the short term. I hope and pray that Obama can do what he has committed to and that he is given the time to do it for the sake of his own country and the world. I wish him well but I don't envy him the task.

2 comments:

Satima Flavell said...

The world has such high expectations of the poor guy - there's no way he can possibly live up to them all. But I do wish him luck, and a safe journey. He will be a target for many idiots with guns, that's for sure.

Helen V. said...

Just what I was thinking as he and Joe Biden stood there on the train.