Wednesday, November 07, 2007

One Year On.

It doesn't seem like a year since I began this blog but it is. It's been a busy year too, full of changes both good and bad. So here's a quick overview.
There was a death, two births and a marriage. There has been serious illness, sadness and great joy. I went to Clarion South, learned so much, and made some good friends in the process. Through it all I've kept on writing. I finished and began editing my first novel and my second is under way. I've completed ten short stories, two of which have already achieved recognition, and ventured back to poetry. I've given several workshops at writing groups and been a guest speaker as well.
I didn't quite meet all my objectives but given the circumstances I'm satisfied. I give myself a gold star.

7 comments:

Laura E. Goodin said...

Well, and so you should.

Admiringly,
Laura

Satima Flavell said...

Make that two gold stars, Helen!

Helen V. said...

Thank you, ladies. Bows deeply.

Carol Ryles said...

And another gold star from me. Yay!!!

Helen V. said...

What great friends I have. Bows again.

Anonymous said...

you are an amazing lady and such a talent. I always thought you were the quiet achiever of our group, and big things await you I'm sure. Well done!

- Jasoni.

Helen V. said...

Aw thanks, Jasoni.