Friday, June 15, 2007

Writing, Writing, Writing.

I set myself an end of the month deadline for editing my otherwise completed novel. It seems silly to be working on the next on for Tansy's class without really finishing the previous one. So I've been sitting at my computer whenever I get a minute and I am progressing. I have another fourteen chapters to work through which equates to one a day and is theoretically possible, I suppose. Unfortunately with all the other unavoidable demands on my time, I rarely have the luxury of more than half a day at a time when I would like to be treating this as a nine to five job. This means after dinner I head back to my study (usually known as The Playroom because it's where I "play" according to my family). As anyone who knows me is well aware, I'm an early to bed, early to rise, eight hours sleep a night girl. I consider bed around 10:30 pm a fairly late night - but I want to finish this so badly I'm crawling into bed around midnight. It's starting to catch up on me too. I hope it's worth the effort.

As well I have two other short stories (begun as writing exercises at my local writers' club) which are nagging at me to finish them. One is almost finished and the other is about a third of the way through. Well they'll just have to wait, won't they, and given the end of the month is only fifteen days away, they shouldn't have to wait too long.

Best of all, I'm finally keeping up with the 100 word a day challenge.

2 comments:

Laura E. Goodin said...

You so rock! Keep on writing! A hundred a day is a hundred more than so many "I-would-love-to-write-but" people manage!

Helen V. said...

Thank you, Laura. I hope the storm damage hasn't been too severe where you live.